Initial Training Dates
Virtual CASA training sessions will be offered via Zoom:
Orientation Feb 1st 6pm to 6:30pm
Feb 4th, 8th, 11th, 15th, 18th 6P to 8P
Orientation Mar 1st 6pm to 6:30pm
Mar 4th, 8th, 11th, 15th, 18th 6P to 8P
Orientation Apr 12th 6pm to 6:30pm
Apr 15th, 19th, 22nd, 26th, 29th 6P to 8P
Orientation May 3rd 6pm to 6:30pm
May 6th, 11th, 13th, 17th, 20th 6P to 8P
Orientation June 7th 6pm to 6:30pm
June 10th, 14th, 17th, 22nd, 24th 9A to 11A
Orientation July 6th 6pm to 6:30pm
July 8th, 12th, 15th, 19th, 22nd 9A to 11A
Orientation Aug 2nd 6pm to 6:30pm
Aug 5th, 9th, 12th, 16th, 19th 6P to 8P
Please ensure you can complete:
- 10 Hours of Zoom training- Video Conference Only
- 10 Hours of homework
- 10 Hours on-line training - reading manual
- 3 Hours of court room observation
recorded Zoom or logged in with a Supervisor
- Provide 3-non related references on application
The application process will be discussed during the info session.
QUALIFICATIONS to be a CASA Volunteer:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass CPS, DPS and Fingerprint screening and
background check requirements.
- Successfully complete 30 hours initial training - currently
utilizing zoom and on-line curriculum
- Be able to make a 12-month minimum commitment to a case.
(An average of 10-15 hours per month)
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within
established program guidelines.
The first step to becoming a CASA volunteer is to attend a 45 minute, non-committal information session to hear about the roles and requirements of a CASA volunteer.
In response to the recent health crisis, Info Sessions are now hosted virtually via Zoom, every Wednesday at 12pm.
Click the link below to register to attend an upcoming
Virtual CASA Info Session:
Our Volunteers share why YOU should become a CASA:
CASA of the Coastal Bend
CASA of the Coastal Bend | 2602 Prescott, Corpus Christi, Tx 78404
(361) 884-2272 | Fax: (361) 884-2279 | Charitable Identification Number:74-2631146
Advocating for Children in Nueces and Aransas Counties